Replacing Aqualisa Aquaforce 95 shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Aquaforce 95 Purple single ended pump bit the dust during the cold winter when the impeller housing cracked. Need to replace it with another one and wanted to get advice on replacing the 'air switch' activated model with a 'negative head' unit.

The present set up is plumbed into the ensuite bath on the second floor.
The pump sits on the attic floor beside the cold water storage tank.
Hot water tank is located in the airing cupboard next to the en-suite
Bottom of the 40 gallon cold water tank is probably 1m+ above the shower head and 30-50cm above the pump
Bottom of 40 gallon hot water storage tank is probably 1-1.5m below the shower head
Without the pump active, there is very low water flow from the shower head.
Hot and cold water feeds go directly from the storage tanks into the Aquavalve mixer valve located in the shower enclosure
Mixed hot and cold water then flow up through a 22mm feed into the pump in the attic (probably 2m+ height difference between mixer valve and pump)
The pump then pumps the pre mixed water through a 22mm outlet back to the shower head outlet.

Currently the pump is switched on/off by an 'air pressure switch' - basically a push button with an air tube that goes back into the attic to the circuit board on the pump.

Was thinking of replacing it with a single ended negative head pump. the negative head pump should be OK with auto switching given the relatively low water pressure of the unpumped water.

Any thoughts. Words of advice/encouragement/warning?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your enquiry. The Aquaforce 95 pump is now a discontinued item which we are not longer able to supply. We no longer manufacture a single ended pump in our current range, however we would advise you contact the pump manufacturer, Stuart Turner who should be able to advise you of a suitable replacement in their range.

Should you require any further assistance then please contact our helpline on 01959 560010. Mon - Fri 8.30-5.

Thanks Aqualisa

That's the same lame reply that you sent me when I emailed you about this three months ago. Stuart Turner isn't much more help on this topic either. Tell you what, I'll fix it and then post the results on here so that the people who read this in the future gets some practical benefit from it.

Have a nice day

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you were unhappy with our reply. As explained previously the model you have is no longer available. The supplier we obtained that pump ceased trading over 9 years ago and therefore we are unable to offer a replacement or spare parts. Whilst we do sell booster pumps we are mainly a shower manufacturer and our pumps are manufactured by Stuart Turner on our behalf.

As a pump manufacturer, Stuart Turner have a wider range of pumps and I was hoping they may have been able to help you obtain a replacement. This information was given in good faith, however I apologise if they were unable to help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Aqualisa

That's the same lame reply that you sent me when I emailed you about this three months ago. Stuart Turner isn't much more help on this topic either. Tell you what, I'll fix it and then post the results on here so that the people who read this in the future gets some practical benefit from it.

Have a nice day

Dear god, this is harsh, 9 years old atleast and you still expect to be able to get parts, you should join the real world, Aqualisa and Stuart Turner are superb manufacturers and their customer service has always been good in my opinion, sometimes a little hard to get through to but who isn't, Just because an answer isn't to your liking doesn't make it Lame, with that attitude you must get many disappointments in life.

Hi LosRubios

On the offchance you might see this - I now have the same problem as you had with the air-switched Aquaforce 95 installed in the same configuration as you and with no luck so far from suppliers.

Did you manage to find a suitable pump or some other solution/workaround to the problem in the end?

mikedj

You're onto plums Mike, he hasn't been on since 2/6/11. To be honest, with his attitude, I'd guess he didn't get too far.

Thanks for your post Rob. It's a frustrating one though because it looks like I'm dealing with old technology and plumbing arrangements - so I'm hoping someone has found a way round the problem, hopefully without removing a load of tiling in the shower enclosure which can't be matched again in order to get to the shower workings.

So - if LosRubios or anyone else has come up with a solution - your advice/help would be much appreciated!

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back