Replacing Bathroom rad with Towel rad - megaflow cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My new house has a megaflow cylinder, which I’m not very familiar with, the last house had a combie boiler.

How easy is it to drain the system so I can replace the bathroom rad with a towel rad? is it exactly the same process as it would be for a combie boiler?? i.e. turn off water, go to the rad where there's a valve so I can stick a hose pipe on the end?

I’ve noticed there's a similar fitting in the airing cupboard next to the megaflow - do I use this?

I take it I would have to turn the boiler off as well?

How do I go about refilling the system? Does it do it automatically, when I turn the water back on? How do I prevent air locks? How does the megaflow get its pressure? Is there anything else I should be made aware of? And finally what’s the small red tank above the megaflow cylinder all about!

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Ash

Sponsored Links
Drain yor heating system as normal. This will not affect the megaflo as it is an indirect cylinder. The drain off you refer to at bottom of megaflo is just for empying the megaflo its self, nothing to do with the rads.

There should be an auto air vent on the return pipe on the indirect heating side of the megaflo, so when you fill up system it will vent automatically.

The red cylinder will be the expansion tank for the heating system/boiler I would imagine. when you re-fill the system fill it to just over 1 bar on the pressure gauge.

You will need to turn off your ch boiler but the immersion in the megaflo can be turned on to keep your water hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back