Replacing concealed thermo shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking at a Triton Mersey concealed thermo which has thrown a third cartridge in 8 yrs! now discontinued looking to replace with a manual mixer concealed or surface mount. Not bothered about loosing the fixed head, could go for a hose/rail. I believe centres for the feed pipes is 170mm.
Trying to come up with the least disruptive route for tiles and pipe work. Any thoughts and suggestions gratefully received ;)
20190111_144034.jpg
IMG_4003.JPG
mersey layout.JPG

Sponsored Links
You are lucky to have full access to the rear of the shower and its pipework (luck or sensible planning).
Your Mira appears to have been fixed from this rear aspect and, referring to the exploded diagram you have kindly provided, I have failed to see how this rear fixing through several inches of timber, board and tile could have been achieved.
That have been said, most 'concealed' valves will have 150mm centres, though your pipework arrangement should easily adjust to this dimension if you relocate the two pipe clips.
I assume you don't want to renew the tiles.....

..but wait. Have I got it wrong? Is photo 2 a shot from the face after the tiles have been removed?
If so you have lots of choices from the multitude of concealed valves available. If using a manual valve (suspecting a combi boiler in use) then make sure it has 150 centres or 170 centres to suit - some have adjustable elbows to suit 150 to 180mm pipe centres.

The 2nd photo is from when the shower was installed, I'm faced with a fully tilted wall and captive shower

Sponsored Links
I'd go for an exposed thermostatic bar shower.

Cheap to buy and a doddle to replace if ever faulty.

Whatever you do you'll be opening uo the wall and retiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back