Replacing Danfoss to Nest thermostat Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello nice people. Im trying to replace my existing Danfoss thermostat with Nest 3rd Gen. Lack of diagram understanding! I really do appreciate if you can give me not only clear answer, but also share how to read these simple diagrams. I really want to understand it.

My Combi Boiler is ideal isar he30 and here is a manual for it: https://www.freeboilermanuals.com/assets/pdf/ideal/203319_inst.pdf Page 32.
Inside boiler wiring. Main supply to thermostat.
upload_2018-11-15_21-34-0.png

Nest thermostat diagram:
upload_2018-11-15_21-40-50.png

upload_2018-11-15_21-39-49.png

Current thermostat is:
upload_2018-11-15_21-59-13.png

I will be very, very appreciated for your help!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You have posted a link to a conventional boiler but wrote that you have a combi, what boiler (make and model) do you have ?

You have posted a link to a conventional boiler but wrote that you have a combi, what boiler (make and model) do you have ?
Its ideal isar he30, did I post wrong manual then ? I will try to google more. Sorry for that.

First remove link between what looks like L1 and earth on the boiler plug ? remove Danfoss stat use the live and neutral for the nest, connect com from old stat to 2 on nest and connect 4 from old stat to 3 on nest. old stat to

Sponsored Links
First remove link between what looks like L1 and earth on the boiler plug ? remove Danfoss stat use the live and neutral for the nest, connect com from old stat to 2 on nest and connect 4 from old stat to 3 on nest. old stat to
Thank you, all working good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back