Replacing DG door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DG back door (supplied by Wickes) and fitted in 2001.

The hinges are coming away from the Upvc at the top ...probable due to kids swinging in the door when open!

I want to replace this myself with the same size door again from Wickes...it will be quicker to replace the whole door/frame etc than mess around with the hinges (and have to do the job in one go cos I cant leave the house etc etc.

Can I just do this without informing anyone?

Sponsored Links
Technically, yes. Replacement windows and doors fall under building control now.

It is something that you could do now and inform BC later, or say that its the same door that you fitted when the first one was fitted, maybe....

Sponsored Links
Informing someone could cost you (building regs certificate) People only usually encounter problems when selling their home, because they have ticked the 'yes' box on the property info form where it says 'have new windows/doors been fitted'?
Don't tick the yes box??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back