Replacing exposed thermostatic shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old aqualisa thermostatic shower valve has finally packed up (at least 15 years old) and I need to replace it. The whole bathroom is being redone and I'm in the following position:

Old tiles removed from wall as not secure enough to tile onto.
Solid blockwork wall with plaster on top, out of which stick the existing hot and cold feeds for old shower, which are 150mm apart
When new tiles are put onto the wall, only 17mm of hot and cold pipe will sit proud of the tiles. (28mm of pipe showing at the moment but 11mm will be taken up by adhesive and new wall tiles)

Are there any exposed shower valves that can be used with this setup? I'm finding it very difficult to find out any technical information about how much pipe is required. I'm considering something like this:
http://www.bristan.com/epages/Bristan.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Bristan/Products/"SOQ2 SHXAR C"

Sponsored Links
I think you'll struggle. You may have to expose the pipes more when the tiles are off and extend them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back