Replacing felt between roof tiles and gutter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone tell me how I replace the felt that hangs from underneath the last row of roof tiles and hangs down over thge fascia into the gutter?
It seems to be held by the weight of the last row of tiles, though not sure how far under it goes, or what lengths I should cut.

Sponsored Links
remover 1 or 2 rows of tiles,depending on the pitch and first batten position.cut back the defective felt.lay a strip of 6mm ply from the fascia up the roof so its has a slope forward.just pin that to the rafters and fascia.then lay some 300mm dpc so it hangs into the centre of the gutter.staple,tack in place.make sure you have a minimum lap under the existing felt.refit bottom tile batten IFFFFFFFFFF it had to be removed to accomodate the dpc etc.replacve the tiles.

as last post take out botom 2-3 rows of tiles and battens buy felt support trays (can be bought at most builders merchants )that will do away with the ply and the dpc then replace felt and battens and put existing tiles back on alot easier than it sounds to be honest but would advise scaffold and not doing it of a ladder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back