Replacing Honeywell Thermostat to Nest Wireless Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could any of you give me some guidance on how to replace my Honeywell T6360B thermostat to a Nest thermostat.

I have a Grant Vortex Combi 21e and the current stat is connected via terminal blocks 25 & 26.

I have connected the Live and Neutral via the mains on the Nest Heat Link but I can't seem to get the Heat Link connected using the existing stat wires on the Honeywell stat as the amber light keeps flickering when it should be flickering amber and green.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pictures of what you have connected would help.

You just have to have 25 an 26 connected for the boiler to be on.

Pictures of what you have connected would help.

You just have to have 25 an 26 connected for the boiler to be on.

I can't seem to upload a picture for some reason.

What I have connected to the Heat Link is live & neutral which is connected via the mains and that's as far as it goes as I can't seem to pin point which cable is the call for heat and common.

Do you know which cables I need to put in terminals 2 & 3 on the Heat Link?

Yes, according to this diagram
25 to 3
26 to 2
Ignore T1 and T2
upload_2016-5-21_20-21-32.png

Sponsored Links
I've tried connecting the way that diagram shows but for some reason it's not connecting.

Any reasons why this is?

I am using the existing thermostat wires that were connected to my old Honeywell stat if that makes any difference for not connecting to the Heat Link?

Do you mean the receiver is not connecting with the thermostat or

it's not switching on the boiler.

I am using the existing thermostat wires that were connected to my old Honeywell stat if that makes any difference for not connecting to the Heat Link?
That depends how it was wired.
Are you sure you know which is which?

Where are you putting the receiver?

At the old thermostat position or (as it should be) near the boiler or wiring centre.

Do you mean the receiver is not connecting with the thermostat or

it's not switching on the boiler.

That depends how it was wired.
Are you sure you know which is which?

Where are you putting the receiver?

At the old thermostat position or (as it should be) near the boiler or wiring centre.

finally got it to connect. I had to press down on the Heat Link reset button for 20 seconds for it to connect.

I now have another problem as the Nest thermostat doesn't heat up the boiler when I turn the dial temperature up as if the call for heat doesn't respond to tell the boiler to fire up.

Any suggestions?

Sorry I meant does the thermostat itself indicate that it wants the boiler to fire? As in does the display stay orange once you set the temperature past the room temperature?

Ok, and it might seem like a stupid question, but have you set your external timer/the boiler CH timer to override? As I suspect you wouldn't have your CH on at 10.30pm?

Ok, and it might seem like a stupid question, but have you set your external timer/the boiler CH timer to override? As I suspect you wouldn't have your CH on at 10.30pm?

no I haven't.

will that solve my issue, and if so how do I go about doing that?

Sorry I meant does the thermostat itself indicate that it wants the boiler to fire? As in does the display stay orange once you set the temperature past the room temperature?

yes it does stay orange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back