Replacing interior doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a first time home owner so apologies if this is a bit of a basic question....

I am looking to have all of our internal doors replaced - I was looking at the 6 panel doors in B & Q as a nice cheap option. These doors are either 2040mm or 1981mm in height, our current doors are 1995mm. So I am assuming I'd need the 2040mm. But I am aware that these are hollow doors and I'm wondering if the 45mm that needs to come off is too much? Can't find this info on the B & Q website.

http://www.diy.com/rooms/6-panel-primed-woodgrain-internal-door-h2040-w726mm/26930_BQ.prd

I'm also wondering what a realistic price to have 7 internal doors replaced would be - my DIY skills are basic at best so not sure I want to attempt doing it myself.

Any help much appreciated.
Duckford

Sponsored Links
you will find that these hollow doors have only a 25mm timber rail going round them,you are correct that reducing them by 45mm will remove the bottom rail.
but the rail can be replaced using the off cut,remove the mdf 1st.then using something like gripfil push the rail back in.
1 thing to consider is will the doors look ok with the 45mm cut off?if so then go for it.

as for fitting price anything from £35-£50 per door.
dont forget the new ironmongery in your costings.

you may find that howdens(need an account)or travis perkins may stock the correct sizes you require,but no doubt will be more expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back