Replacing just a plug In a 'pop-up' bath and sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,... tried to find a post relating to replacing a pop-up Bath and sink plug with a traditional style plug......couldn't so apologise if this is repeated somewhere....

Since moving into my house my Bath plug has stopped working; it's the type where there is a dial to turn to pop it up I order to let water out, it's always been rubbish and I'd have to remove completely to let water out or I'd be there all day. Now it won't budge and I struggle to get it out esp with Bath water in....so no more baths for my little ones :( I need to replace but wondered if I can just get a traditional plug on a chain? (Even if I don't attach it to the Bath as long as it works I'll be ecstatic...) If so, do I just measure the diameters of the plug hole or am I likely to find my plug waste is larger than average plugs??

My sink plug also needs replacing, same pop up type with similar prob in that it's not functionable and can't actually use the plug and fill the basin up. I very much dislike my whole bathroom but currently can't afford to redo it for a couple of years.... therefore solution wanted was just cheap and ideally traditional plugs.

If anyone can tell me if this is doable or not or likely issues thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
you can buy plugs for bath and basin ,in chrome finish and plain black ,that have a little handle on. and of course you can get them with a chain, but you will probably have nothing to connect the chain to. toolstation do them from 98 p. as long as you can just lift out your existing plugs easy ,take them with you to compare as makers sizes do vary a little.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.... I'm off to toolstation for replacement plug then thx.... "justpumps" I know what type of plug/waste I have and don't want to pay to replace the whole waste if a simple plug will do the job lol xx my girls love their baths and much prefer to showers... one day I'll have a fab bath & bathroom but that's a few years away yet. Thx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back