Replacing Macdee Duo Compact Parts

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It was 18 pounds plus VAT plus 3.50 delivery from toiletspares.co.uk and they could not supply a diaphragm for it!

It was 18 pounds plus VAT plus 3.50 delivery from toiletspares.co.uk and they could not supply a diaphragm for it!
And?

They can't supply the washer, you can't find them elsewhere, so replace the whole valve with something else, a better brand is suggested, and cheaper than you initially thought you'd have to pay. The prices I quoted include VAT. Screwfix have 2 branches in Glesga.

Nuff said.

And?

They can't supply the washer, you can't find them elsewhere, so replace the whole valve with something else, a better brand is suggested, and cheaper than you initially thought you'd have to pay. The prices I quoted include VAT. Screwfix have 2 branches in Glesga.

Nuff said.
My point is that, in my opinion, it is a bit naughty for a company to sell a part at top dollar that is obsolete (as in there are no spares available). I have already decided to replace it with the one you suggest from Screwfix but it is a pity that we have to contribute to the "throw-away-age"when all that is required is a wee diaphragm. Surely the point of this forum is to seek, give and exchange information? That is what I was doing when I asked if anyone knew where I could get the diaphragm.
Bye the noo :)

And?

Nuff said.
My point is that, in my opinion, it is a bit naughty for a company to sell a part at top dollar that is obsolete (as in there are no spares available). I have already decided to replace it with the one you suggest from Screwfix but it is a pity that we have to contribute to the "throw-away-age"when all that is required is a wee diaphragm. Surely the point of this forum is to seek, give and exchange information? That is what I was doing when I asked if anyone knew where I could get the diaphragm.

We live in a society of progress, manufacturers continually modernise their product which means the product becomes obsolete as regulations change, so the item has to be thrown away, it keeps Industry going,
The average life span of any equiptment these days is no more than 5 years,
with high tech electrical equiptment its obsolete by the time you get it out of the showroom

And?

Nuff said.

We live in a society of progress, manufacturers continually modernise their product which means the product becomes obsolete as regulations change, so the item has to be thrown away, it keeps Industry going,
The average life span of any equiptment these days is no more than 5 years,
with high tech electrical equiptment its obsolete by the time you get it out of the showroom
You call it progress I call it Planned Obselescence. There was nothing wrong with the product & I am not aware that it infringed any regulations. It keeps industry going? Maybe, but at a cost to the consumer & to the environment. Getting back to my point in my earlier post, do you think it is right to sell this obsolete inlet valve when there is no spares available? The item is not being thrown away, it is being sold to the unsuspecting public at an inflated price, especially for an obsolete item. In my opinion the main ethos for ""continuous modernisation" is to keep the fat cats rich regardless of the real cost to the consumer & the planet. When it comes right down to it we are talking about a ballcock or "inlet valve" it is hardly rocket science is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back