Replacing old controller on Sundial Y plan System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

The CH/HW system that I have is a fully pumped system with mid-position diverter valve, Sundial Y-plan. The present old controller is an old ACL Lifestyle (LS722) controller in the kitchen, which was one of the first to enable different time programming on different days of the week but with no temperature control except via a hall thermostat.The single base plate has the following connections:

N
L
1 HW OFF
2 NOT Connected
3 HW ON
4 CH ON

E

The thermostat in in the hall and is 2 wired.

As I am interested in purchasing a new controller. I have been looking at the British Gas Hive system or something like a Honeywell CMT927 but the latter will not control my HW. I like this model because it gives me 6 CH events (temp control) per day for each of 7 days. As I rent out rooms, this is important. Will the Hive system fit to the existing base plate connections shown above? Please note there is no connection on terminal 2. Is this necessary for Hive? I need the temperature to be taken from the entrance hall, where the present old thermostat is situated. The controller could go in the hall with a receiver wired to the kitchen base plate.

Thanks

Nigel

Sponsored Links
HIVE as far as i know is a BG product and not a DIY install,you will need to contact Britsh Gas who will make an appointment to attend

Please do enlighten us with what they charge for this

Someone has to pay for all that TV advertising :D :D

I think that British Gas charge £199 for their Hive heating system, installed. For a "self" install by your own engineer they reduce the price by £40. I suppose their prices are roughly inline with similar Wifwi systems.

The system is "free" for new British Gas dual fuel customers who sign up with them for over a minimum period.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back