Replacing old Honeywell room thermostat with new wireless on

Battle :eek: we be just chatting waiting for you to tell us what you did. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi again

I followed Doitall's pic of the thermostat. and it worked a treat.

replaced the existing thermostat with the new control box that sends signals to the portable thermostat.

Put CH on cont.

Thermostat only controlled the heating anyway.

Seperate switch near boiler for heating and HW which is programmable so all good thanks.

Perfect, that how I would have done it. ;)

That was the simple way, which is why I posted the drawing.

replaced the existing thermostat with the new control box that sends signals to the portable thermostat.
It's actually the other way round: the portable unit sends signals to the control box telling when to turn the boiler on.

Put CH on cont.
Which removes any time control over the heating: you have to turn the stat up/down as required during the day.

Separate switch near boiler for heating and HW which is programmable so all good thanks.
So you had two programmers for the heating?? You might have told us this at the beginning!

doitall
I hadn't forgotten about the motorized valves. Like you, I make logical assumptions. In this case, that the cable connected to the old stat would go back to the EP2002. Two wires are obvious, (HW ON to 1, and N to 2). The third wire (switched live from stat) could only connect to one of the spare terminals (A to D) in the EP2002, which would also have the appropriate valve wire connected.

Sponsored Links
get the OP to test the theory at each stage.
I suggested what he should do, and he came back saying that two of the wires from the stat are connected to the same terminal of the EP2002, which does not make any sense at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back