Replacing shower with bath/shower - good idea?

Kes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions wanted, facts if you must. We have an en-suite with wc, washbowl and shower cab. There is a bath in the main bathroom but I hardly ever use it (haven't had a bath for years) and the spouse uses it occasionally.

The en-suite is being refurbed. I'd be happy to just have a shower unit, but spouse wants a bath. There isn't really that much room to fit both, so a bath with shower over one end has been put forward. This means that I will have to climb into and out of the thing, risk skidding on a curved base, and leaning over to wipe the thing down will be more awkward. Does anyone have one of these and wish they had a shower cab, or do you have one and are quite happy with it?

Sponsored Links
Shower cabs are more likely to leak, and harder to unblock and more limiting.

They are however smaller.

Bath/shower mixer gives flexibility (think about when you need to sell the house). They are IMO easier to maintain, can have a nonslip coating and grips.

In my opinion bending down to clean a shower tray is no harder than leaning on the side of the bath to give it a wipe down.

Plus your wife can clean it is she wants it.

Really though this is going to be a battle of wills - and you know it ;)

Sponsored Links
I've said it before - it doesn't matter where they are from, how old they are, nor how well off you think you are.

Women are all the same and the ability to make you do what they want regardless and still make you life misery is a genetic memory handed down from mother to daughter and re-enforced by mother-in-laws since man worked out what his third leg could do ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back