Replacing upvc casement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a upvc kitchen window where the casement (opening light) is slightly bowed and has a small gap at the top and bottom where it closes onto the frame at the side. With it being upvc can I order a replacment casement to fit into the old frame or would it have to be specific to the existing frame ??

Also, I have a pair of Upvc patio doors that do not meet in the middle correctly and the old hinges do not allow any adjustment. Is it advisable to relocate the hinges on one of the doors. Both the window and door are letting in cold air which in winter is a pain in the backside.

Many thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
Hi, it sounds like the locators on the hinges are worn so the opening sash is not pulling in tightly, just change the hinges, is the patio a "french door ( both open) or an inline slider

Hi, it sounds like the locators on the hinges are worn so the opening sash is not pulling in tightly, just change the hinges, is the patio a "french door ( both open) or an inline slider

Thanks. The doors are french doors not sliders

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back