Replacing Zone valve in between two immovable pipes..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I can't see the proper way round fixing this and can only see two options. The zone valve needs replacing (leaking) and it is on a horizontal piece of pipe between two vertical runs in a "H" shape. (Don't know why builders didn't use a three way).

Anyway as the pipes feed in 5-8mm into the valve do I:

A: pull the pipes apart with brut strength with the possiblilty of bending cracking joins to remove old/insert new valve)?

B: cut off one side of the old valve install new section of pipe and use a sleeve and solder it in?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
ahdguy said:
Basically I can't see the proper way round fixing this and can only see two options. The zone valve needs replacing (leaking) and it is on a horizontal piece of pipe between two vertical runs in a "H" shape. (Don't know why builders didn't use a three way).

Anyway as the pipes feed in 5-8mm into the valve do I:

A: pull the pipes apart with brut strength with the possiblilty of bending cracking joins to remove old/insert new valve)?

B: cut off one side of the old valve install new section of pipe and use a sleeve and solder it in?

Thanks in advance.

If there isn't enough movement to spring the pipework from the valve then your best option will be to cut the pipe and re-make using an end feed slip coupler. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back