TWIN ENTRY RAD VALVES

L

longdogs

Hi All

I need to install two towel rails ( one upstairs, one downstairs ) but have noticed that the flow and returns on each of the existing rads are via twin entry valves (8mm microbore). I was wondering if its possible to buy new valves to change from horizontal to vertical and if the twin entry valves would fit a modern towel rail anyway. I understand that there is a pipe inserted inside the old style rads.

Obviously changing the pipe work would be the best option but the existing microbore disappears into the wall never to be seen again.

The system is currently gravity fed but will be changed to a combi soon. Not all the rads in the house are microbore.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the only way imho is to undo / cut both pipes, buy some 8mm solder or compression fittings and extend the pipework to enter the rads as should be

Why would you want to install a couple of nice looking towel rails then have the abortion of pipework that a twin entry valve would require .
Best idea is get somene in who is used to running and hiding pipe or making it as neat as possible in a bad situation.
No point spending good money on rails then it lookin sh#te

the existing microbore disappears into the wall never to be seen again.

The system is currently gravity fed but will be changed to a combi soon.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Old microbore buried in walls...changing from gravity to a combi with high pressure heating...I have an idea that this could get quite exciting when you make the switch. I'd say make sure your installer does a good pressure test with air before connecting the new boiler and filling it with water, otherwise there's a possibility that the pressure will blow the buried pipes and you'll end up with very wet walls.

Slightly off-topic, but I think it needed saying ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back