Replastering Victorian House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1900s Victorian semi detached house we want to redo, its not in great shape. want to rewire / replum and sort out the damp.

It has visible damp downstairs and damp meter is showing high levels in the wall. It's been skimmed and been papered so think the walls cant breath.

No issues outside - ground level lower than dpc (it wasn't previously but 5 years ago - it was over the air bricks, we lowered the outside level down).

I'm expecting when it is stripped, some plaster will fall off or be blown.

Guys I use do not have experience with lime plaster, very good with gypsum -Guys I have in usually just cement render the walls which are external facing, would this be as issue?

What are peoples views on limelite? Is it similar to work with to gypsum and what do you have to look out for? Would limelite renovating plaster be used similarly to hardwall, and limelite hi impact finish plaster to multifinish?

Is it better to take it back to brick and redo the lot or just everywhere that is blown or hollow sounding?

Or are there any other suggesting on what to use?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
solid or cavity wall? our 1902 has a cavity. IMHO it makes a huge difference. A well ventilated cavity will dry out interstitial condensation and also prevent any external penetration from going straight through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back