Repressurise the PV on a ravenheat 820/20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone.
my ravenheat 820/20 is hitting >3bar when running the CH and so is passing water out through the safety relief valve. I've been a good boy and read the FAQs and they seem to point me toward 'REPRESSURISING THE PRESSURE VESSEL'. I have a few questions:

1) Is this a DIY job or should it be a corgi reg? (i assume its only the water system and nothing to do with the gas)

2) Does anyone know where this is\how much of a git of a job it is on this boiler? previous experience tells me everything is a git on this boiler :).

Looking at the manual it looks like it might be at the back?

TIA

Dean.

Sponsored Links
Whats the pressure when the boiler is cold ? should be 1or1.5bar
Does it rise rapidly when boiler is on ?
If the answers are yes then you need to re pressurise the expansion vessel which is situated at the back.
check out the above first before doing anything.
You can re pressusise your self you dont need to be Gas registered, but you do need to be carefull about what you are doing.

Thanks for the reply.

yep it sits at 1 (ish) bar when off - it only drops below this if its gone over 3 when running - i assume because the pressure relief is letting some water out?.
when on, even when turned down it hits 3 or just below within 10-20 minutes.

so if its at the back can i (or a plumber) re-pressurise without taking the boiler to bits?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back