Repressurising Ideal Independent C24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. As the title suggests I am having problems repressurising my boiler. The boiler (and the house) are a little over 1 year old and admittedly I had not regularly checked the pressure gauge, and therefore didn't notice if it had been dropping slowly over time. Of course I know now that it's dropped because of the lack of hot water!

Pressure is currently at circa 0.3 and as such the boiler is not firing (it is showing the appropriate code "F 1" on the display for low pressure). I am not aware of any leaks anywhere so in the first instance I want to try to repressurise it. While I have looked at multiple online videos and some threads here, this boiler seems to be different enough that it's not clear to me how to do it (although I am beginning to think the flexible piping is screw operated hence why I can't find valves). Would appreciate any help you guys can give. I have uploaded pictures to my album to help, although the flexible piping isn't in the picture I can confirm it connects the two most right pipes that have valves. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the flexible silver hose and we will tell you what to do.

Then check the pressure every week!

Tony

Slotted screwdriver turn the slot so it is inline with the pipe you will hear water filling, watch pressure gauge, fill to one bar then return slot to previous position

Sponsored Links
Excellent, many thanks for your post. I have done this and its now at 1 bar. I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't drop which I imagine would indicate a leak.

Is it worth checking the radiators in case they need bleed should some air have got in when fixing the pressure?

You can check for air. But remember to top up again if you do release any air.

Since house mate went round and let air out of the radiators as they were cold the boiler has stopped working.
A fault reading of F 1 has appeared on the boiler display and noticed the pressure gauge has gone to zero.
Tried turning the black valve in picture but didn't do anything and unlike the previous post there does not appear to be any screwdriver slot to try.
Please help as the letting agent are trying to charge us loads to get this fixed.
Thanks x
[/quote]

Since house mate went round and let air out of the radiators as they were cold the boiler has stopped working.
A fault reading of F 1 has appeared on the boiler display and noticed the pressure gauge has gone to zero.
Tried turning the black valve in picture but didn't do anything and unlike the previous post there does not appear to be any screwdriver slot to try.
Please help as the letting agent are trying to charge us loads to get this fixed.
Thanks x
[/quote]

Black valve? They were talking about the silver valve on the start of the flexi hose!
Make sure you turn the valve and don't try and turn the check valve.

If any of the above doesn't make sense, google a picture of each to confirm what has been mentioned.

I think all you succeeded in doing way shutting the cold water supply off.

Unsure you put that black valve where it originally was.

Hi,
I did link include some pics but think they are in my album if you click on my username.
Sorry couldn't get them to upload with my post.

Can you take a better picture of the full pipework arrangement under the boiler please.

Also, can you get a better picture of the valve that is on the left side (connected to the flexible braded hose).

Ok,

The flexi hose (braided silver thing) is your filling loop.

Firstly, check your pipework (since it looks like a complete maze of pipe back there).

From left to right (straight out of the boiler) the connections are: -

CH Flow (has the gauge fitted)
DHW Flow
Gas Inlet (Yellow handle – don’t touch)
Condensate (White Plastic pipe)
DCW inlet (Blue Handle – Called DHW inlet in the manual)
CH Return (Black handle valve)
Pressure relief pipework

The flexi hose should be connected between the DCW inlet (blue handle) and the CH Return (check). If this is the case after checking, you should only need to do one thing. By simply turning the black valve next to the braided hose so that the handle runs parallel with the pipework, i.e. put the black handle horizontal, it should re-pressurise the system. Watching the pressure gauge raise to 1 bar – bleed the air from all rads and re-pressurise again.

Can you check if that black valve is a quarter turn valve or a gate valve? I.e. do you have to fully open it?

Can you hear water rushing in when you turn the valve?

Black valve only turns a quarter and no can't hear any water noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back