Repressurising Ideal Independent C24 boiler

What's installed on the other side of the check valve (it has albion printed on the side of it).

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
PTFE tape is the white sealant that you wrap round BSPT & NPT threads.

The reason I say is you could (hopefully the black valve is closing fully) remove the flexi hose from the check valve and open the black handle valve. See if that allows water to flow through the flexi hose.

You could also use the 'test' bit on the check valve to ensure that the paddle is free to move, as a swing check valve should do. Remember, water will backfeed through the check valve whilst the paddle is up, so be ready with the bucket.

If that doesn't work: -

Disconnect flexi hose from the black handle valve and turn the valve on and see if that does anything.

If that doesn't work, you need a plumber to replace the filling loop with a wras approved piece.
Obviously drain all the water into a bucket.

Also, check that the black handle of the valve is actually turning the valve.

Hi there, have a similar issue after bleeding radiators last night I have found this morning my pressure gauge has hit 0. My issue is I cannot get to behind a white wooden panel below the boiler which I belive will house the loop which you have discussed.

Will this panel need to be removed or can I fix using the knobs I have in pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 299

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back