Return or fix screwfix radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got two new screwfix Kudox radiators the same size, both are leaking from the threaded insert where it joins the casting. I installed with ptfe tape, and used the same amount on the other end. Both rads are leaking from one end, not the other which suggests it wasn't a great batch.

Is this to be expected? Should I just add more and more ptfe until it stops leaking, or should I return them?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Show a pic of where it’s leaking. Are you sure you have done it properly. I have used hundreds of these rads through the years and not had a problem.

If it's leaking on the thread then I'm sorry, but that suggests you haven't made a good enough joint. As John has said, I've fitted a number of them, never had an issue. My only criticism would be the finish isn't the best quality, they do seem to rust easily.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with the rads you havent made the joints properly

Ok, thanks. Possibly I didn't make the joints properly, but I did both ends in the same way, about 5 turns of ptfe in the correct direction. But both rads leak from the left end and not the right.

I've fixed it now by using the insert from the old radiator instead of the screwfix one. The Screwfix one was noticeably looser going in.

Agree the screwix ones take serious wrapping, they are fine when you do it though, as said not a rad fault

pmsl 5 turns and its leaking well who would have thought that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back