Reversing French Doors .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted many UPVC windows and French doors but I have to show my ignorance on this matter .
A friend has bought French Outward opening doors on ebay for his porch but has asked me to fit them (reversing the cill) so they open inwards .I know from fitting inward opening in the past they had drip bars on each door is that all ?.Is this all I need to buy from my supplier?
Thanks John.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/f...open-inwards-conversion.438529/#ixzz3g9x54ubH

Sponsored Links
Thats the only parts you will need but you will need to seal up the drainage holes and drill new ones on the other side (both in the threshold and the bottom of the frame).
Also assuming the doors are internally beaded they wont be secure if fitted that way so you may want some security clips or tape.
You may also want to swap the handles around so the screws are on the inside.

Thanks Gazman .
I forgot about the drainage holes .With it being a Porch the security is not too much of an issue as the front door is very secure .Good shout on the handle too .
Thanks again John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back