RF room thermostat

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Last year we replaced our old Worcester-Bosch 28CDi with a new W-B Greenstar 38CDi Classic.

This was supplied and fitted with a Greenstar Comfort 1 RF remote room thermostat, which we are finding inconvenient in use and inferior to our previous RF programmer.

Our old boiler was controlled by a Digistat DT10RF room thermostat with which we could alter the on/off times and temperature settings, whereas this new unit permits only the alteration of temperature. Making changes to the timer settings involves our going outdoors to our garage where the boiler is located, which is especially difficult in icy conditions and when the car takes up most of the space in the garage.

Could anyone tell me, please, whether it is possible to replace this new control system with the one we had earlier or another that offers the same level of programmable control as the DT10RF from within our living room?

I have written to Worcester-Bosch asking them for advice but have yet to receive a response.

Sponsored Links
If you want to stay with Worcester Bosch, there is a Comfort II RF remote room thermostat available that has the functions that are presently on the Comfort I boiler receiver incorporated in the remote thermostat instead.

Otherwise it can be replaced with controls from another manufacturer. The boiler has wiring terminals provided for this purpose.

Thanks, Stem.
£220, according to the WB web site. We'll have to think about that and see if we can find something cheaper. I'll try to talk my wife out of it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back