Risco or Texecom w/Ricochet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm pondering over which alarm system I should have for my house. I'm not really after anything fancy but, ideally, it should be a hybrid system as some zones are very difficult to get wires to.

I had my heart set on a Texecom 24/48 with the wireless add-on card. Seems to do everything I need and I'm pretty confident I could install it myself. This would cost me somewhere in the region of £300 plus a fair bit of my own time installing it (I've pulled some wires and have the electrics ready).

I had a local alarm fitter quote me for to install their own hybrid system - a Risco CPX which looks OK and seems to be fairly well regarded from what I've read on the Internet. This comes in around £500 fitted or I could opt for the Risco Agility which has a few more bells and whistles for £650 (both setup with 8 zones).

My questions are - All things being equal, and assuming it's installed correctly, is the Texecom hybrid comparable to the Risco boxes? There's obviously a big difference in costs, a portion of which will be for a pro who knows what he's doing to set it up.

If not Texecom, I'm open to suggestions on other hybrid systems suitable for the DIYer...

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
The old debate, "whats better"?
Both are good systems I know engineers who swear by both.
Personally I would go with Ricochet.
Biggest difference is the Agility has a wireless external sounder IIRC.
As long as you can get a sounder wire out you should have no worries.

You obviously realise the higher cost is for an experienced engineer and the warranties given.
Many here have fitted the Texe with some assistance.

Thanks for that.

Yes, I have run the wire for the bell box already and that's ready to go..

Fully appreciate the premiun for having someone who does the job all day long and I would happily pay that for something that I couldn't have a go at myself - eg plastering!! :) Times are tight, and I need every penny at the moment...

Think I will stick to my original plan and go with the Texe. I might need some help with my shopping list....

Cheers!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back