RIVA COMPACT HE M96.24SM/C2 water works but no heating HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the above boiler for about 8 months now and it was working fine initially. My friend decided to change the settings on the knobb from whatever the engineer had set it to to Hot water only. It worked fine, but when i tried to put it back to water and heating, my heat will not come on.

The hot water works fine but i am unable to get heat.

The only light is the first appliance operation light and it flashes green every couple of seconds.

There is no wall thermostat so i cannot change the temperature.

I am so confused can someone assist.

Thank you.

Louise

Sponsored Links
8 months still under warranty ? But is the summer winter switch in the winter postion ? is there a digital time clock on the boiler ? yes ?

does it have a red slider on it ? is there a small on/off button on the time clock ?

Louise sounds like the boilers just in a standby mode and not calling for heat.
Its been a few weeks since i saw one but if i remember the middle knob is for the heating temperature and should be turned clockwise to call for heat. then if the boilers got a built in timer like the last poster said it would be a case of fiddling about with the red switch and pressing the on/off button. In my opinion the clocks on those boilers are far to difficult. Silly other point check you dont have a room thermostat on the wall somewhere which is turned down too low?

any luck?
Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back