ROCA WC Cistern - etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a newish apartment in a block of 15purpose built units of just over 2 years old. It is for letting, but empty at the moment.
The WC is a ROCA (I’m not sure which model) with a dual push flush button. The cistern has always been very slow to fill.
I have been disputing the water bills so I went to read the meter today and was alarmed to see that the meter was letting water through (I assume that’s what the spinning ‘star’ means on the meter dial !?)
When I got indoors, I found the central (single flush) button was depressed & that there was a trickle of water into the pan. I touched the button & it popped up again, & it looked like the trickle had stopped.
On my way out I checked the meter again, only to find that the ‘star’ was still rotating slowly.
I wanted to look inside the cistern,,,,, but embarrassingly I can’t see how to get the top off !
I am guessing that it contains a flap valve. I’ve not had any dealings with these things ( I was considering putting one in my home cistern,,,,,, until I read some comments on these pages – that put me off them) so don’t know what to look for if I do gain access.
Any ideas please ?
Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
pop out the buttons in the top and their will be a screw undo that and the button shroud and lid will come off.

if you isolate the water then hold the flush valve half way down and twist it will come apart.
at the bottom is a grey round seal clean that up and retry.
if it still passes water you can turn the seal unside down as overtime they concave and pass water then retry.

failing that buy a new seal part n0 822403000 from travis perkins they are roca suppliers.

roca is renown for this problem.

Many thanks for a rapid and informative reply.
Looks like tomorrow's tied up then :p ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

UPDATE:
I managed to get the thing apart & checked the seal. It didn't look too bad, so I turned it over - for the time being.

This isn't a dig at T.Perkins, but when I got to the one local to the job, they had no idea what I was on about. I showed them a printout that I got from the ROCA site, showing the part number, only to be told "that dosn't mean a thing" !?!?.

I went to another merchant and asked for the same thing,,,, but again met up with blank looks. Then an old guy at the back said to his colleagues "I think there's some at the back of a rack - somewhere". My heart sank. The desk guy went to look,,,, but had no idea where this rack was. In the end, the old guy went to look and came back with the required articles.

In the end, there was no charge ("put sommat in the collection box") and I went away happy.

The point being, don't just expect T.Perkins or any other merchant to keep these in stock, or to know what you are talking about - call 'em before making a visit.

As it is, thanks mate, The thing seems fine now,,,, & I have both the parts & the knowledge for if it goes wrong again.
all the best

Sponsored Links
Now you know what shyte we have to put up with ...and there`s a landlord at the house wanting it all done for Buguer A££, when you get back to the job. :LOL:

I just :p love landlords ;) ...and there seems to be a few "ripoff" and "gissa free quote" threads about today ;) :LOL: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back