Roof Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating a barn and wish to have exposed timber beams in the roof. I haveseen in the past insulating boards that are places above the refaters and inder the felt. Does anybody know who akes these? Also what is the best way to insulate from underneath?

Sponsored Links
Barnman said:
I am renovating a barn and wish to have exposed timber beams in the roof. I haveseen in the past insulating boards that are places above the refaters and inder the felt. Does anybody know who akes these? Also what is the best way to insulate from underneath?

Kingspan/Celotex/Ecotherm etc. etc. Great stuff to work with, but pricey. Is this barn gonna be a home? If that's the case you'll have to make sure it's up to the building regulations minimum requirement (thickness) Speak to your architect/ builder/ council building control officer for more info. If you aren't currently in touch with any of those then I suggest you speak to one asap. Especially the BCO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back