roof rafter insulation on the cheep?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my house is a typical 1930s semi with an apex roof that has a tiled apex front that comes out . the loft has been partly converted regarding the floor with boarding and insulation e.c.t .
its used as an unheated computer room but gets very cold in the winter so i thought i would try and insulate between the roof rafters i also thought at the time that the 200m space roll made from glass wool would do the job cheep compared the the foam boards . and it fits in real nice a with no fixing mostley apart from a few staples on the wider joists alls good...then i read about condensation build up and air flow e.c.t
the roof is constructed with wooden planks on the beams then felt the the tiles..
there is still good airflow into the roof from the bay apex front the sides have slots that i can see daylight through ..

have i tataly messed this up
would appreciate any advise on this
thanks

Sponsored Links
Standard advice is you should always leave 50 mm gap between the insulation and the roof covering, which I would interpret as meaning the boarding in this instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back