Roof repair after chimney removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Very frustrated at present. We had our chimney removed by a builder who used completely new tiles to repair the roof and stuck out like a sore thumb (right hand side). Have now paid to have someone else come and replace with better matching tiles (left hand side). He made a big fuss about how bad the previous job was meaning there were more tiles needing to be replaced than previously thought and that there was a lot of work and that the thicker mortar was needed as the roof was sunken in the middle. I can only go off the new roofers words but I am not happy with the way it looks and think a better job could be done. He said he will come back to add a bit of black dye on the mortar so it sticks out less. I wanted to get a perspective from other roofers, am I being unreasonable?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 10.23.03.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 10.23.03.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
The first job looks fine, and would have weathered in. Why risk reclaimed tiles unless maybe a listed building.

Blup

Sponsored Links
choice of colour not ideal. There is another choice.
They will weather in . By then it will be new roof time though.
Ludlow plus reclaimed are 2 a penny just now ..

Black dye ON the mortar .. really !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back