roof supports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am back with some more thoughts.
I was thinking i have a purlin which runs from gable to gable in my loft. i have a support which i want to take out, could i run say two more purlins above and below the existing one to take the load, i cant put an RSJ in as i have been told my wall thicknesses are not thick enough.

Secondly is there any calculations on how many treads my stair has to be if i have the length/run of the stairs and the height of the existing ceilings.

Thanks for any replies.

Ian

Sponsored Links
Only a structural engineer can tell you if you can do what you wish for sure, we'll need a bit more info to advise further on the Forum though, spans, lengths sizes of existing rafters, spacings etc.

For stair regulations see here: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADK_1998.pdf page 6 table 1 'private stair'. You'd be wise to have a read through the other relevant pages of the document.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back