Roof window leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have noticed that my roof window is leaking and I think its because the seal has deteriorated. The water is dripping down from where the side seals are located.

The window is slanted - it has been put into the roof of the house - I don't know the name of these types of window.

I want to fix this problem - do I just ask a window installer? Would it cost much to do this? I want the seal all the way around the window to be replaced so that it doesn't happen again.

Thanks in advance for any info

Sponsored Links
Is it a velux window? If so, should have a model number under the window vent at the top of the frame.

Hi, I couldn't see a model number at the top of the frame!!!

Here is a pic of the window

DSC00164.jpg

There was a house logo on the vent and on the window handle as shown below

DSC00165.jpg

Does anyone know the make of these windows?

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know how I should go about fixing my problem - should I go to a window installer?

Are you sure the it's leaking from the window and not the roof flashing?

Hi, I'm not sure, how would I go about finding out? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Its leaking in the direction where the red arrow is. Its where the window edge is.

DSC00164-1.jpg

Is it possible to open the window and take the picture from the outside, make sure the camera lead is on your wrist ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back