Roofing material covering flat roof to inverted dormers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have recently built an extension and the roof meets the existing house slightly higher than the exsiting window sill level. Therefore there are two flat roofs under each window forming inverted dormers. The tiles to the roof are double romans and I'm not sure what will be the best material to cover the flat roof sections. I could use lead but was considering an alternative in GRP, the issue being I'm not sure if its possible to lap GRP over profiled tiles?

Does anyone have a previous experience or alternative options?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Use code 4 lead as an apron to the tiles then your grp to the rest.

Sponsored Links
All, thanks for you comments I wasn't planning on sticking the GRP directly to the lead, I would have have installed the lead flashing over the tiles and then lapped a GRP flashing over the lead on the flat section of the roof (the flat roof has a 1 in 40 fall). Your comments would be appreciated, however I am swaying towards doing the whole thing in lead.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back