Room thermostats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: Can anyone help please?
My room thermostat has gone awol on me, ( honeywell T6360B) I decided to buy a new digital room thermostat,(Coronado 099A) now the problem I have is the wiring of it!
I have 4 wires in the old, earth(green/yellow), live(red),blue? & yellow?
I know the earth stays were it is, here comes the problem (I think), on the new digital thermostat, there is three conections COM, NC & NO, the instruction are telling me to connect the heater to the terminal COM & NO, this is were I'm Baffled, the digram shows mw Live into COMheater into NO & the N into the heater????????????
Much appreciate ti if anyone can help
regards Graeme[/quote]

Sponsored Links
the thermostat you had actually has a very small heater in it (that is why it needs a neutral) yuo only need to connect to the C and NO

I should assume the blue was neutral and the yellow a switch wire, BUT dont take my word for it, there must be a "junction box" near your boiler, open it and find the stat cable and see which one does what, in particular you are looking for the neutral that goes to the stat (you can follow it across the many other wires and see which is connected the the incoming neutral) but i would start with the blue wire

breezer said:
the thermostat you had actually has a very small heater in it (that is why it needs a neutral) yuo only need to connect to the C and NO

I should assume the blue was neutral and the yellow a switch wire, BUT dont take my word for it, there must be a "junction box" near your boiler, open it and find the stat cable and see which one does what, in particular you are looking for the neutral that goes to the stat (you can follow it across the many other wires and see which is connected the the incoming neutral) but i would start with the blue wire
Thank you very much for the info Breezer all working well. :)

Thanks for the help on this, it sorted mine out too :D

Sponsored Links
:)
i am happy that you are happy, i am also happy that you searched first.

I can never understand why the diagrams for room stats are so complicated for such a simple peice of equipment, I blew up quite a few in my early days due to cr*p diagrams on the back, on replacement jobs I always check which wire is which on the old one before disconnection, of course if some di**head at DanfossRandall assemble the backplate incorrectly like I had recently, your onto a loser the minute you buy it

depends what is live, switched live and neutral
===========================

(bit late, in your reply, check the year!

sorry to resurrect this topic.
=======================
please don't, see forum rule 17

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back