Rothenberger Super-Fire 2 Soldering & Brazing Torch with Map-X: Why is it a flamethrower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone.

I'm using a Rothenberger Super-Fire 2 Soldering & Brazing Torch with Map-X and no matter what I do, I end up with a flamethrower rather than a very fine blue tipped flame. It's really frustrating.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to sort it out?

Currently what happens:
1280px-USm2flamethrower.jpg

What I want to happen:
89569-5.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the torch new? I'd suggest there's something wrong with it if so, I've got one and it's one of the best investments I've ever made tool wise.

Is the torch new? I'd suggest there's something wrong with it if so, I've got one and it's one of the best investments I've ever made tool wise.
Yes, I bought it new and it's been in my waterproof toolbox since.

Thinking back to when you got it, exactly what steps did you take to get the optimum flame?

Sponsored Links
There is a tiny Allen grub screw which secures the burner part (brass) to the handle. They regularly come loose and need gentle tightening to keep the flame stable.

Thanks for your replies. I came across this review of the Super-Fire 2 and thought it sounded familiar.

The best blow lamp available and is made better by attaching the swirl tip which calms the flame. Without the swirl tip its abit like wrestling a fire breathing dragon.

It's weird that you aren't all experiencing this without the swirl tip. I already had the swirl tip in my toolbox (sealed in packaging), so I'll try that when I get a chance.

How open is the knob on yours Bernard?

I've got the swirl tip installed and the flame is very fine, it's blue and in sunlight can hardly be seen. I think if anyone else is struggling, this is the way to sort it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back