Rotten Floor Joist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed some of the floor (ground floor) has started sagging. On looking under the floor boards it seams the joist is rotten and has 'slipped'. Some one has suggested laying a concrete floor as this will save on replacing the joists. Is this right and which would be the cheaper and/or most affective job?

I live in a terraced house around 90 years old. The joist that is the problem is vertical to the bay window at the front of the house if makes any difference!

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure who suggested that to you but I don think that would be economical for you. Replacing one floor joist on the ground floor wont cost that much!

Sponsored Links
If one joist is rotten, it might be worth checking out the whole floor. Ground floors on old houses are sometimes affected by dry rot which is often due to a lack of underfloor ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back