Rough cost for applying liquid rubber to a flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a flat roof that I would guess is 6m x 8m. Need to apply a coat of liquid rubber as a short-term fix to areas where it occasionally shows signs of leaking. Quoted £1,200 ex-VAT (labour + materials).

I may be misunderstanding what is required, but is this not similar work to any other painting job? It is high enough that I do not fancy doing it myself.

Quote sounds high to me - comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
Depending on what product you use that price might actually be cheap.
You will need about 75kg of sealant for your 50m2 roof using a one coat system and that could cost anywhere
from £600 upwards for a reasonable product.
Scaffolding/handrailing could also add to the cost.

Sponsored Links
Surely you'd only apply something on the areas it's leaking/look suspicious not the whole roof.

We have a flat roof that I would guess is 6m x 8m. Need to apply a coat of liquid rubber as a short-term fix to areas where it occasionally shows signs of leaking. Quoted £1,200 ex-VAT (labour + materials).

I may be misunderstanding what is required, but is this not similar work to any other painting job? It is high enough that I do not fancy doing it myself.

Quote sounds high to me - comments welcome.
Liquid rubber is a diy job, you could do it yourself but it doesn't last, you can get an overlay of Firestone EPDM rubber fitted which is guaranteed for up to 40 years.
We used this liquid rubber crap years ago because it was specified by the council for repairs on their properties.
Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't it was hit and miss.
It doesn't take long before it starts to peel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back