Roughcast over paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am after some advice on roughcast. I stay in a two bedroom semi detached and have experienced problem with my roughcast coming off and also dampness in the inside walls. I have decided to get my house re roughcasted but the problem I have is the house is painted. I have had a people look at it and they say it is a harder job because of the paint on the walls.

I am looking for someone to explain what I should do and how much I should pay to have the job done. Also can you explain how the job should be completed stage by stage.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the existing roughcast being removed back to the brick?

If the majority of the existing cast is loose/hollow its best to remove it all.
if its just coming off in small areas it can be hacked off and patched out level with existing cast.
The painted cast can be powerwashed, scored with a grinder,etched with a scutch hammer and primed with an sbr slurry.

After the scaffold has been erected and the above work completed beads are then installed around windows ,corners ,bellcast etc Then scratch coated.

There is a lot of different products on the market for casting...K rend, MR. polymers etc. Price would depend on choice of product, chips, and access .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back