Roughcast rendering costs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have finally gotten around to renovating the outside of my house after 4 years on the inside (still not finished). I was wondering what it costs to Roughcast render 2 sides of my house.(average sized 3 bed semi).
The sides have been done already probably when the house was built 90 years ago and since then doors and windows have been bricked up and I just want to smarten the whole thing up. I'm just looking for a roundabout figure doesn't have to be exact.
Any help would be massively appreciated.

Sponsored Links
funny this should crop up, i was doing some internal patching at a friends house yesterday who has has cracks in his render on the front of his house that was done last year, the plan was to chase the cracks out and fill at some point, but he had some roof work done by a local builder and while he was fixing his roof he gave him a quote for pebble dashing the front of his house, (top half pebble dash bottom half render) the quote was £250 + 70 for pebbles, beads and that , all in all it came to £320 and he even invited him round his house to have a look at the dashing that he had done round there, the price in the quote even included taking the old render off, and i cant beleive he was trying to weigh up the costs of patching cracks and paint v the pebble dash i told him to snap his hands off and get it done quick as poss b4 he changes his mind, i dont know how anyone can do that kind of work for £320 including materials

Last edited by a moderator:
He must have been feeling charitable that day.

That price would barely cover the scaffold costs never mind labour and overheads.

Sponsored Links
Crikey, will he travel, the bottom half of my house needs rendering and I am too scared to try it.

He must have been feeling charitable that day.

That price would barely cover the scaffold costs never mind labour and overheads.
well aparentley the scaffolding is £60 for 2 days + he wants £70 for pebbles, that then leaves £200 for the sand cement lime and waterproofer and ss beads, i fail to see how hes making anything :confused:

I also may suprise everyone who comes to see the house :LOL: I want a flat render and I see so much of it done by 'pro's' that looks like the sea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back