Rought cost to replace an expansion vessel

I have a contract of flats with Un-vented HW cylinders and whe I am there , I do 10 a day servicing them and this is part of the service, this is the service procedure that the manu insists on, who am I to argue ?

As I said; experienced!

Sponsored Links
could just be condensation within the vessel, the correct way to test is, remove system pressure with a drain point left open, close the drain point when nothing more comes out, remove shraeder valve insert , re-pressurise system until all water and air stops ,install a new schraeder valve insert then open drain point and re-pressurise vessel, you will know instantly if the diaphragm is punctured, pressing in the insert tells you nothing

If I understand this correctly - surely the flow of water out of the valve would be minimal and quite quickly stop, if it were condensation. If the water continues to escape then it must be punctured?

Last edited:
If I understand this correctly - surely the flow of water out of the valve would be minimal and quite quickly stop, if it were condensation. If the water continues to escape then it must be punctured?
not all expansion vessels are the same, you have to follow the instructions from the manufacturer of each expansion vessel, in my opinion probably the most common replacement of any component in any heating system that didnt need replacing, because so called engineers press a schraeder valve and get damp, and think they know what they are doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back