Routing of meter tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently I have both my electricity meter and consumer unit sitting side by side in the garage. I am about to have the electricity meter moved outside (directly behind where it currently is). This will mean that I will need to run the meter tails through a cavity wall. The offset between the meter and the consumer unit is around 3 feet. Can I simply run the meter tails (25mm double insulated) through the cavity (without conduit), or is this forbidden?

Sponsored Links
conduit should always be used in cavity walls because some insulation materials can damage cable

I'm gonna stick my neck out here.

I have just fitted a replacement CU in 70's property where tails ran in cavity, and without dismantling the wall, I could not fit any conduit, so just used the old tails to pull the new ones in with.

You can use SWA....

See here for post re this subject://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7636&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back