RS21 Samsung side by side problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well publicised issue regarding icing up etc.

I have read all the info I can find and it would appear that I have the modified evaporator cover.

My Fridge continues to ice up. I defrosted it less than a month ago but fault has returned. Fan gets noisy because it starts hitting ice and the water bottle freezes up. I renewed the water bottle because it split and now im worried that the same will happen again.

I stripped it down again yesterady and found the water drain behind the evaporator cover full of ice. I defrosted it but the water does not drain away. Tried to unblock it but I cannot. Does the drain open electrically or something?

I dont mind buying a new kit but I want to be sure that it will solve the issue.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Merry Christams folks!

Jon

Sponsored Links
Plenty of views on this but no replies so I'l try to simplify what im after.
What is the actual cause of the 'icing up'?

There is loads of stuff out there saying that icing up is common but I cannot find the actual cause of it.
What causes these RS21 Fridge / freezers to go from functioning perfectly to needing to be stripped and defrosted once a fortnight?

If the drain hole is blocked it will continue to ice up. Put very hot water down the hole. Ie in a jug with a spout in it. Iceing up caused by door left open , seal not shutting on door. Defrost heater open curcuit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks rock1. i will give the hot water a try on the weekend whenI strip it again.
I have cheked the defrost heater sensor (resistance check) and according to youtube, it is fine.

It says on youtube that the evaporator cover forms ducts when fitted correctly to channel the airflow around the fridge. If these seals become damaged, then ice will form. The seals on my evaporator cover are (technical term alert!) knackered!! due to removing and refitting so I cannot imagine that they are the original cause. And as ive said prvious, it would appear that the cover I have is a modified one.

I will willingly buy an upgrade kit if im sure it will fix the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back