Rubber/flexible coving?

18 Oct 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
So, I had a plasterer out to do the bathroom ceiling, he's left a 1cm gap between the edge of the plaster and the wall near the shower. I'm looing for some flexible coving to cover the gap as I'm not too confident I can fill the gap myself properly.

Can anyone reccommend something I can use?
Sponsored Links
Is there a reason he's left a gap?

Could you ask him to come back and finish the job which presumably he is expecting to be paid for?
I would ask why he had left the gap, just in case there was a reason. Off hand I can't think of one but there might be a good reason. Most plasterers can plaster up to tiled walls, they have to take care not to get plaster on the groutlines but they can do it.
Sponsored Links
The plaster board on the ceiling doesn't reach all the way to the wall, there's a gap along part of that edge about 10mm where you can see straight through to the ceiling.

I managed to fill it myself anyway but I'd still like sme sort of white rubber strip to cover the edge as it looks a bit dodgy up against the tlies.

My old camper van had some in the shower unit, an l shaped white rubber strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local