Rubber seal problem on new windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just got my windows fitted about 3 months ago, in the UK, by a reputable company who are network veka verified.

I've called them due to a problem I've seen and are coming tomorrow, just wanted opinions first please.

Proplem is, there is a rubber seal that runs between the panes the frame/veneer, creating a seal. On one window and one side, the seal appears to have fallen into the window, so there is a gap. I can actually slide a piece of paper quite deep in this gap.

So hopefully tomorrow they're going to tell me they can easily sort this. Anyone have any experience of this and know what I'm looking at/how much of a problem it is?

Thanks,

gubar

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an easy fix to me, bubble gasket has just dislodged somehow and req's clipping back in, nothing the threat about.

Incidentally, whos the company, didnt know of anyone in derby fitting veka?

Thanks mate, good to hear that it's nothing too serious.

Sorry, I am in Glasgow, an error in my profile I will correct ,

cheers

Gubar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back