Rugby v Football

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is that a bruised toe in a footballer puts him/her out of action for weeks, but a rugby player who has broken a finger and thumb plays the following week for a pittance
of a wage compared to a footballers wage!! Beats me and heres one for the future Gary Oneill formerly of mfc has played more times for west ham in 6 wks than he did for boro in 8 months weres the logic!! And please dont say he was ill its a joke.

Sponsored Links
Simple answer

Footballers, although very skillful! are very very soft. Players miss games because they got a dead leg the week before!

My local Rugby League team played in a big final, a player broke his jaw and refused to come off the pitch, he said i'm not coming off in a final :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Rugby players have a lot tighter friendships and dont want to let their mates down. Its about respect, among other things.

yeah but watching 30 fat blokes sticking their heads up each others bums and chasing a deformed football is not exactly fun for most people

yeah but watching 30 fat blokes sticking their heads up each others bums and chasing a deformed football is not exactly fun for most people

Thats why Rugby Players, especially League are fitter than footballers

Cheating and crying wolf is a far bigger problem in football than it is in Rugby

Thats why Rugby Players, especially League are fitter than footballers

are they based on what evidence?

still a crap boring game

If you follow both sports, you will know that Rugby League players are a lot fitter than footballers. Footballers end up on the floor with cramp after 90 mins, and thats even if they have had an average game.

I've played many games of football, also played Rugby to a pretty high standard.......you always know when you have played a game of rugby :(

I'm a union bloke myself, but a take my hat of to all players in rugby! Does anyone remember Harry Ellis leicester tigers tore is cruciate and carried on for 7 minutesprior to been subbed. Coz of that its why we lost the webb ellis last time round.

If you follow both sports, you will know that Rugby League players are a lot fitter than footballers. Footballers end up on the floor with cramp after 90 mins, and thats even if they have had an average game.

I've played many games of football, also played Rugby to a pretty high standard.......you always know when you have played a game of rugby :([/quote]

I love unsubstantiated nonsense based on someones biased view
not on ANY factual evidence whatsoever

I went to a rugby school and had to play the stupid game and it wasnt especially tiring

Sure the tackling is more physical but its actually LESS dangerous than football tackling

How often do you see footballers with cramp? rarely

rugby stops every few mins so they can have a rest and stick their noses up their bums

Sponsored Links
Back