Running 3 phase and single phase links from a single RCD

It is possible to supply the single-phase loads through a three-phase RCD. This would simplify
the arrangement a good deal, however it is not recommended to supply a mixture of single and
three-phase loads through one RCD. The reasons for this are beyond the scope of Phase 2 of the
apprenticeship.
That doesn't really mean anything does it? Lots of things are possible.

Perhaps when they achieve Phase 3 of the apprenticeship it will be allowed.

Sponsored Links
It would appear that the linked to document is talking about a particular installation i.e. a test bay in a College or similar over in Ireland. It could quite easily be just an opinion of a college lecturer.
Indeed - and, to be fair, all it says is "not recommended", not "not allowed", even if we're not even sure why it's not being 'recommended'!

Kind Regards, John

It is possible to supply the single-phase loads through a three-phase RCD. ...
That doesn't really mean anything does it? Lots of things are possible.
Indeed so - and not just 'possible' but, IMHO, probably perfectly reasonable in the OP's situation.
Perhaps when they achieve Phase 3 of the apprenticeship it will be allowed.
Maybe :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
FWIW, I don't see any real point in/need for you to change anything.
Thank you, I 'll leave it all well alone. It just goes to prove how misleading online articles can be if you don't really understand the subject matter!
You're welcome, but I don't think you should just take my word for it - see what a few others say as well - for all you know, I may be just as misleading as those online articles!!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back