"Rushing Water" Sound in Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

I’ve just moved into a new house with a Baxi 105e combi boiler.

Everytime the central heating is switched on I can hear a reasonably loud “rushing water” sound from the radiators.

I friend of mine thinks it could be air in the system. I have bled all the radiators and the sound still remains. Also, the only automatic air vent in the system are in the boiler.

Any advice would be gratefully received :D

Sponsored Links
did you get any gas out?

Did you do it with the boiler turned off?

If you do it again, 2 days later, is there any gas?

What colour was the water?

Does it make any difference if the valves at both ends of the rad are fully opened (just try on one, and count the number of turns so you can put them back where they were after the test)

Thanks….

1) Only got gas out of the 1st floor rads
2) The boiler was turned off
3) There was more gas (just bleed the top rads just now)
4) The water was clear
5) I’ve just given the lock shield valve a few turns on the 1st radiator and the system is virtually silent

Thanks for you help. I’ll just have to have a go at re-balancing the system later 2day.

Also, the air in the system could be because I had to top up the pressure a few days ago (oxygen from the fresh water) because the boiler doesn’t seem to be able to maintain pressure (I’ll post a new thread on this now). I’ll try bleeding the rads again in a day or 2. If there is still air coming out, what do I have to look for?????

Thanks again :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back