Rust from Paint Roller Frame bleeds onto sleeve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Your advice please. A problem I have experienced with paint rollers staining, particularly if kept wet overnight in plastic bags etc. I notice a brown streak in the roller sleeve also on the wall being painted, and it is rust from the frame bleeding through.

Even a new and apparently chromed frame can also do this. I find that the 4" mini roller frames are worst. Are there any rust-free frames, stainless/proper chrome? I can't find just 4" mini roller frames, they usually come as part of a roller & tray pack.
Any ideas and answers please?

Help much appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Try the Purdy or Wooster mini rollers. They are pretty much the best, however they are birdcage rollers and don't accept the cheapo run of the mill sleeves

Put a plastic bag round the roller, and pull it off, then clean and dry the roller cage; it'll last much longer like that, and the roller will stay moist for longer.

Great suggestion Doggit, thanks. You're right, no need to keep the frame in the same bag as the paint loaded roller sleeve. I'll do that now.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back