Sabre 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum so please go easy with me,
I am having a combi boiler problem and would appreciate any advice/help that you can give. The problem is that on my sabre 24 boiler, when using the dhw, the pressure falls to zero after about 1 hour.The pressure is constant when on central heating only and also when on idle. I suspect that the central heating water must be somehow leaking to the domestic water side.Is this possible ?
Thanks in advance for any input guys.

Kenny

Sponsored Links
If you get that sort of leak the pressure goes UP , eg at night, not down.
Do you use your dhw for an hour?? :eek:
Have you checked the prv pipe? (goes through the wall)

I cannot visualise your exact model.

Its a common fault for system water to leak from a diverter valve gland only in the hot water more.

If it has a diverter valve then looking around it may well see traces of a leak while using DHW.

The actual leaked water may well be evaporating and not dripping out.

Can you post a picture of the inside of the boiler?

Tony

Thanks for the swift reply Chris,
The prv pipe is dry.
I have a dripping tap in the bathroom (when the kids do not close it properly) and this is what is pointing me in the direction of heating water leaking to dhw overnight and dropping the boiler pressure. I have also checked every pipe and joint under the floor and all are dry. The wife thinks I am making it up so I can go to the pub for a heat. As if I would.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,
I was told that the boiler is actually a Vokera with a sabre badge on it. On looking through the instruction manual, I cannot see anything relating to a diverter valve, Thank you also for your prompt reply. Any help/advice is most appreciated.

Kenny

I know that its a badged Vokera but I dont know what model of either you have!

This boiler is exactly like the vokera compact 24 with the bithermic H/Exch. Which is probally leaking.

I know that its a badged Vokera but I dont know what model of either you have!

Been on the wine again Tony, or just very tired from changing 15,000 pumps :rolleyes: :eek:

The boiler model is in the subject heading :rolleyes:

No it's not bithermic it has a motorised diverter valve like the linear Tony is right. The model is the compact but not the old compact the one based on the old Linear with a recouperator on top right which leaks but when it goes it gives up and blasts the whole boiler with water so it won't be that..

No it's not bithermic it has a motorised diverter valve like the linear Tony is right. The model is the compact but not the old compact the one based on the old Linear with a recouperator on top right which leaks but when it goes it gives up and blasts the whole boiler with water so it won't be that..

No mention of it being the 24he Paul. The sabre 24 was indeed a Vokera compact 24 but with a different pressure gauge. It has a twin pass heat exchanger. Not a divertor valve in sight on this model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back