Saddle Valve Alternative - 15mm to 1/4 Inch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a water filter fitted under my kitchen sink. There's a slight leak from a saddle valve which mates the filter's quarter inch (6.25mm) to the 15mm copper cold water pipe.

I guess the easy solution is probably to replace the saddle valve but is there a better solution? Is there a more reliable 15mm to 6.25mm adapter, perhaps a compression fitting?

Sponsored Links
I would consider replacing the self-cutting valve with a washing machine tee valve:-

p1061639_l.jpg

but reducing the 3/4 BSP outlet without using every reducer in the shop could be a challenge.

Maybe a compression tee and a service valve with a reducer in the outlet would be tidier.

Thanks for your reply :)

Do you know if there such a thing as a reducer to the quarter inch plastic pipe?

Sponsored Links
thats the one
you can do away with the 15mm x 3/4" black adaptor if you want and screw the grey part straight onto a washing machine isolation valve if you want.

You guys are my heros!

Have been send all over from plumbing suppliers, no one knew how to make this happen... And this is just the thing I need.

Thank you guys!

I've ordered the equivalent of one of these from a water filter shop.

All fits together fine, but one question - shouldn't I be using an insert for the flimsy 1/4 " pipe that pushes into it?

How important are pipe inserts in this kind of application ...?

Also, saw a couple of warnings about filters rarely being prone to leaks - is this realistic or scaremongering? Given this is mains pressure in my house, and the "dodgy" connection above, am considering a leak detector ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back